Family-Based Immigration

Family Visa Petition

Many immigrants who are coming into the United States are coming as a family. Here at RHC Law, we want families to stay together. This is why we have helped countless families with family visa petition services. The process of going through immigration can be an emotionally draining and downright difficult process. Our attorneys are here to advocate for our clients and help them during this time. If you and your family want to create a family visa petition, please call our immigration lawyer. 
There Are Two Types of Family-Based Visas
The first is the immediate relative immigrant visa. You can petition for an immediate relative immigration visa if…
  • Your spouse is a U.S. citizen
  • You are under 21 years old and your parent is a U.S. citizen
  • You are an orphan from abroad that was adopted by a U.S. citizen
  • You are a parent of a U.S. citizen who is 21 years old 
The second is the family preference immigrant visa. You can petition for a family preference immigration visa if…
  • You are an unmarried child of a U.S. citizen
  • You are a spouse, minor child, or unmarried son or daughter of a lawful permanent resident
  • You are a brother or sister of a U.S. citizen
Have questions about the family petition process or requirements? Feel free to call our immigration lawyers at RHC Law. We proudly serve clients throughout San Antonio, TX and the surrounding areas.

Consular Processing

We will help you apply for an immigration visa through a U.S. embassy or consulate

If you are wondering what consular processing is, let us help you. Consular processing the procedure an individual who is living outside of the United States of America undertakes to apply for an immigration visa (green card) through a U.S. Embassy or consulate in a foreign country. Once approved, this allows the applicant to travel to the United States and stay as a permanent resident. Consular processing is a great option for those who are looking for family-based immigration options. 

Our attorneys understand that the process of applying and waiting to hear back can be excruciating. That is why our attorneys are here to help you every step of the way. There are a few steps that we will have to go through in order to have your visa granted and to receive your green card. 

Steps to follow to apply for an immigration visa through a U.S. embassy or consulate:

  1. Determine your basis to immigrate
  2. File the immigrant petition
  3. Wait for a decision on your petition
  4. Wait for notification from the National Visa Center
  5. Go to your appointment
  6. Notify the National Visa Center of any changes
  7. Pay USCIS Immigrant Fee, receive visa packet and come to the United States
  8. Receive your green card

Do you have questions? Please get in touch with our law office to get the process started. Our tenacious immigration attorneys are here to fight for you! Call us today for your free consultation!

Waiver of Unlawful Presence

What is a Waiver of Unlawful Presence?

In 2013, United States immigration law was changed to allow certain immigrant visa applicants, with immediate relatives who are U.S. citizens, the opportunity to apply for the Waiver of Unlawful Presence status. “Unlawful presence” is the immigration status of people who are living in the United States without a valid immigration status (in the country illegally). This status can bar individuals from inadmissibility, forcing them to wait abroad and apply for an immigrant visa. These “bars” from entering the country are either for three years or 10 years. 

Those who have been barred from entering the United States but wish to return to the country as legal immigrants may apply for a Waiver of Unlawful Presence. The applicant will need to fill out an unlawful presence waiver form in order to apply for residency or a green card. 

How We Can Help You Apply for a Waiver of Unlawful Presence

RHC Law is the trusted immigration lawyer in San Antonio, TX who can assist immigrants requesting a Waiver of Unlawful Presence. We believe this is a strong option for our clients to pursue because it can help them obtain residency or a green card without having to wait outside the United States for several years. We encourage immigrants at least 17 years of age who don’t have a history of criminal activity or fraud in the United States to apply for this provisional waiver. You may also have to prove that if not granted the waiver, the lawful spouse or parent you’re hoping to stay with in the United States will suffer hardship.

The attorneys at RHC Law will be by your side to protect your rights and help you get approved for a Waiver of Unlawful Presence. This is a serious matter that can drastically change your life one way or another. You want the best representation on your side to see you through this process, and we can help you. Contact us today to ask our attorneys about applying for a Waiver of Unlawful Presence.